Laman

28 October 2010

Oatmeal with Sweet Potato & Cinnamon

Celoteh Aku MamaGlam at 3:51 PM

Recipe by Stacy Dong
www.zainelicious.blogspot.com

This is one of the easiest and fastest meals that I have made so far.

Yield: 1 serving


Ingredients:
1 tbsp of organic rolled oats
1 tbsp of cubed organic sweet potato, steamed
1 dash of organic ground cinnamon
1/4 cup of water or as much as needed


I freshly grind the organic rolled oats (for faster cooking and softer texture) and cook it with 1/4 cup of water under medium to low heat until the oats are soft and the desired thickness is achieved.
All this would only take 10-15 minutes. I usually let it simmer at low heat for a longer period just because I like it softer and mushier for Z.


When it's cooked, I add the sweet potato cubes (which I have steamed the day before) and finish the meal off with a dash of cinnamon.


The nuttiness from the freshly cooked oats, the sweetness of the sweet potato and the aromatic smell of the cinnamon make this meal a great start to Z's busy day.


Tip:
I like to use rolled oats because they are purest in form. The less processed they are, the more nutrients they would retain.

0 berbalas bebelan:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wif Lurve ^v^

 

Si Mama Glam Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea